[SeaBIOS] setting smbios values

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Jun 11 02:17:25 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 03:45:56PM -0700, Rafael Vanoni wrote:
> Hi folks, first time posting here. I was wondering if it would be possible
> to modify smbios values once a system is up and running. Has anyone ever
> looked into that? If not, any pointers on how to implement this would be
> greatly appreciated. I'm fairly new to coreboot and seabios but would like
> to look into this.

Hi Rafael,

Is this for coreboot or qemu?

In any case, on both systems SeaBIOS receives the smbios table from
upstream (ie, coreboot or qemu).  So, in order to modify the tables,
it really involves modifying them in one of those projects - then
SeaBIOS will pass the modified tables through to the OS.