[SeaBIOS] [RFC] vgahooks: Add Google stumpy, lumpy, and link boards to intel vgahook list.

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Jan 18 01:56:18 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 04:50:27PM -0800, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> Yes, I think it's worth having them in upstream SeaBIOS!
>
> I've been thinking about creating a way of passing this information between
> coreboot and SeaBIOS in the future, so we don't have to keep the handlers
> around twice. One way of doing that would be to have the handler live in
> SMM and have SeaBIOS do an SMI command to get the right answers. Would you
> be open to something like that?

That seems over kill to me.  The Intel VGA stuff seems to be pretty
stable and it's only a few fields that need to be passed back.  What
about placing the required info in a coreboot table - then SeaBIOS can
just pass back the desired fields and not have to have board by board
specific logic.

BTW, I didn't port over "Alex" as it seems to be totally different
from the other boards.