[SeaBIOS] [Xen-devel] SeaBIOS causing Xen HVM VCPU Triple fault

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Sun Feb 9 07:23:59 CET 2014

07.02.2014 15:40, Ian Campbell wrote:
[]
> Note that the SeaBIOS image is baked into Xen at build time, not picked
> up at runtime like with (I think) qemu.

Oh. Now things are much clearer.  Indeed, qemu does not embed seabios inside
any image at build time, it just loads the bios from a given file, and you
can even tell it to use another bios.  Ditto for other optional roms, network
boot roms, vga bios and other things.

And so yes, with new xen builds it should just pick bios-256k.bin from qemu
instead of bios.bin, so indeed, qemu does not need to build xen support for
a smaller version of bios.bin it ships, anymore.  So finally I see the good
reason of what Gerd did when removing xen support from small bios.bin.

Is it possible to change xen to do something similar?

Thanks,

/mjt