[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS causing Xen HVM VCPU Triple fault

Moyer, Keith Keith.Moyer at netapp.com
Thu Feb 6 22:20:35 CET 2014

Thank you all for your quick, helpful replies!
This was about to become a headache for us, so the identification of a fix so quickly is fantastic.

On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 02:31 -0600, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> That commit made seabios size (default qemu config, gcc 4.7+) jump
> from 128k to 256k in size because the code didn't fit into 128k any more.

Makes sense.  Thanks for the explanation.

On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 02:37 -0600, Ian Campbell wrote:
> I think this was fixed in Xen with
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=5f2875739beef3a75c7a7e8579b6cbcb464e61b3

I have confirmed that applying that patch to our Xen sources fixes the problem.

I've filed a bug with Debian's Xen package on this matter, with the hope they'll backport that commit.