[SeaBIOS] [RFCv2] Add SeaBIOS wiki documents to git repo

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Mon Dec 29 15:22:01 CET 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:04:50AM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> Based on the previous feedback, I've converted the current wiki
> documents to markdown format (via the pandoc tool) and then touched up
> the translation.  The attached patch shows what moving the wiki
> documents into the seabios repo might look like.  (It creates a new
> "docs/" directory with files for each page currently on the wiki.)
>
> The pandoc tool seams to be able to translate back to mediawiki format
> without much issue.  So, a possible workflow would be to use the git
> patch submission process to update documentation, and then use pandoc
> to translate the pages and push them to the wiki.  (Or, if at some
> future point the wiki is decommissioned, then use pandoc or a similar
> tool to create html directly.)

FYI, I went ahead and pushed this change into the main seabios repo.
The markdown format is quite readable for those wishing to review the
documentation in the docs/ directory, and converting it to wiki format
via pandoc is also straight forward.  So, I don't see any downside to
having the documentation stored in git.