[SeaBIOS] [RFC] Add SeaBIOS wiki documents to git repo

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Dec 17 14:24:45 CET 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 01:01:59PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> > I'm not sure if doing this is a good idea.  It would be nice to have
> > the documents in version control, and it would be good to allow
> > patches to simultaneously update the code and documentation.  However,
> > modifying wiki syntax from an editor isn't that easy.
>
> I don't see editing wiki syntax in $editor as a problem.

The really long lines are annoying to work with.  git-send-email even
complains about lines over 998 characters long.

> But what is the plan for the wiki then?  Discontinue?  Switch to
> read-only and update from git?  Two-way sync between wiki+git?

Update the wiki from git.  Right now, only I have write access to the
wiki anyway (as no one has requested a wiki account).  A solution
other than a wiki is also possible, but that wasn't something I was
thinking of, at least in the short term.