[SeaBIOS] seabios release?
kraxel at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 16:41:32 CEST 2014
I think it's time to start planning the next seabios release. First,
because a bunch of changes have piled up in master. And second, because
of the smbios changes. They are a step forward in making seabios less
dependent on qemu internals and I want have that in qemu soonish.
So, how about this plan:
(1) merge smbios patches in qemu (patchset is close to final now).
(2) merge smbios patch in seabios
(3) start freeze
(4) tag release candidate (early may is realistic for that I think).
(5) pull release candidate into qemu for wider testing
(6) merge bugfix patches if needed
(7) tag final release 2-3 weeks after release candidate (end of
(8) pull final release into qemu.
More information about the SeaBIOS