[SeaBIOS] seabios release?

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 16:41:32 CEST 2014

  Hi,

I think it's time to start planning the next seabios release.  First,
because a bunch of changes have piled up in master.  And second, because
of the smbios changes.  They are a step forward in making seabios less
dependent on qemu internals and I want have that in qemu soonish.

So, how about this plan:

  (1) merge smbios patches in qemu (patchset is close to final now).
  (2) merge smbios patch in seabios
  (3) start freeze
  (4) tag release candidate (early may is realistic for that I think).
  (5) pull release candidate into qemu for wider testing
  (6) merge bugfix patches if needed
  (7) tag final release 2-3 weeks after release candidate (end of
      may probably).
  (8) pull final release into qemu.

Comments?

cheers,