[SeaBIOS] Easy to add time stamps?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 28 14:34:29 CEST 2013

Dear SeaBIOS folks,

both coreboot and GRUB 2 (from Bazaar) currently allow to record time
stamps, for example for benchmarking.

SeaBIOS seems to have a clock implementation in `src/clock.c` already,
which is also used for threading, I guess. Could that be used for time
stamps too or is there something in SeaBIOS, that would cause problems?

I would like to know how much time, SeaBIOS takes to execute, how long
it takes for block devices to be discovered and how long the VGA option
ROM takes to be executed for example.

Thanks,

Paul