[SeaBIOS] seabios release planning

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Nov 29 16:13:35 CET 2013

  Hi,

qemu 1.7 is almost out of the door.  I want update seabios early in the
1.8 devel cycle.  Time to do resume the release planning since we've
scratched the idea to do a last-minute bios update for 1.7.

I'd like to see a seabios release from the master branch in december.
Ideally we'll put a prerelease into qemu before the final release so we
get some testing.  We could either explicitly tag a release candidate or
just grab a snapshot for that.

Commit pending patches, enter seabios freeze, prepare seabios update for
qemu can be done next week I think.  Then have 2-3 weeks freeze period,
tag final release before xmas.  In case something doesn't go as planned
early january.

Pending patches:
 * my ahci and pci patches sent this week.
 * anything else?

How we wanna call the baby? 1.7.4? 1.8.0?

cheers,
  Gerd