[SeaBIOS] XHCI USB 3.0 boot device support?

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 4 19:11:03 CET 2013

Am Montag, den 04.11.2013, 10:53 +0100 schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
> On Fr, 2013-11-01 at 15:26 -0700, Prop 395 wrote:
> > Is there currently any activity to get XHCI going in SeaBIOS?  What
> > needs to be implemented to get it working?  If someone can give me
> > some pointers, I will do what I can to help.
>
> Supported in master, no release with the xhci driver yet though.

Prop 395, if you are the same person as the prop… from the coreboot IRC
channel on <irc.freenode.net>, the answer is, that SeaBIOS only supports
XHCI QEMU, as Harald replied. All tests on real hardware (ASUS F2A85-M
and AMD Persimmon (by yourself)) were unsuccessful as far as I know.

If I were you, then I would first test with QEMU.

If that works with your devices, then I would use FILO or GRUB as a
payload, to verify that there is nothing done wrong by coreboot.

After these two steps, you have verified, that it is indeed SeaBIOS’s
support, which is incomplete, and you should look at its implementation.
Probably there are some timing issues you have to fix. But how to debug
this easily, I have no idea.

Thanks,

Paul