[SeaBIOS] KVM call agenda for 2013-05-28

Jordan Justen jljusten at gmail.com
Fri May 31 21:28:05 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Anthony Liguori <anthony at codemonkey.ws> wrote:
> As I think more about it, I think forking edk2 is inevitable.  We need a
> clean repo that doesn't include the proprietary binaries.  I doubt
> upstream edk2 is willing to remove the binaries.

No, probably not unless a BSD licensed alternative was available. :)

But, in thinking about what might make sense for EDK II with git, one
option that should be considered is breaking the top-level 'packages'
into separate sub-modules. I had gone so far as to start pushing repos
as sub-modules.

But, as the effort to convert EDK II to git has stalled (actually
never even thought about leaving the ground), I abandoned that
approach and went back to just mirroring one EDK II.

I could fairly easily re-enable mirror the sub-set of packages needed
for OVMF. So, in that case, the FatBinPkg sub-module could easily be
dropped from a tree.

> But this can be quite simple using a combination of git-svn and a
> rewriting script.  We did exactly this to pull out the VGABios from
> Bochs and remove the binaries associated with it.  It's 100% automated
> and can be kept in sync via a script on qemu.org.

I would love to mirror the BaseTools as a sub-package without all the
silly windows binaries... What script did you guys use?

-Jordan