[SeaBIOS] [PATCH 2/2] accept MADT over fw_cfg
Michael S. Tsirkin
mst at redhat.com
Sun Mar 24 20:45:54 CET 2013
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 03:21:08PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 09:14:47PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > I don't exactly understand what do you mean by "file".
> A fw_cfg entry added using QEMU's fw_cfg_add_file() instead of
Looks good overall. Some further proposals:
1. I think we need runtime patching so we'll need
another one that adds stuff from memory but yes it
can look like a file for seabios.
2. paths exposed to seabios are relative at the moment.
So "acpi/*" ?
3. add option to disable builtin tables at compile time
4. to keep the ability to develop seabios code
in-tree, make it depend on compile option
disabled by default.
5. similarly in QEMU, put code there disabled first,
so developers can play with it.
6. when all is ready, flip the switch to enable in both places.
More information about the SeaBIOS