[SeaBIOS] SeaVGABIOS crash on FC13 X11

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Mar 10 05:11:56 CET 2013

On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 10:56:26PM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> The patch below (which is not fully correct, but demonstrates the
> problem) fixes SeaVGABIOS bochsvga on fc13 and fc14.  fc11 and fc12
> are still crashing - not sure if it's something different though.

Almost assuredly the issue on FC12 and earlier is x86emu not
supporting the "leal" instruction (which was fixed in xorg server
commit f57bc0ede - x86emu: Respect the LEA 67h address size prefix.).

I think this one is a show-stopper - gcc uses the leal instruction in
various math calculations, so the upper bits can't just be discarded.
I'm not sure there is an easy way to fix them up.

:-(