[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] problems with freeBSD

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 08:50:25 CET 2013

Il 07/03/2013 17:21, Aurelien Jarno ha scritto:

> On the QEMU side, we should definitely have an autotest system trying to
> boot a few guests (and if possible with some !linux) to detect such
> issues. That's not something easy to do, maybe that could be a good
> GSoC project?

There is virt-test (formerly known as KVM Autotest).  I did some of the
lifting required to have !x86 guests, but haven't yet actually created
the images.

We (Red Hat) use that to run sanity tests on qemu.git.  These tests last
~2.5 hours and include guest installations.

Alternatively, you can use a pre-built image (the download is ~150MB
compressed) and run tests on it.  See the patch at
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/197856 that adds
"make check-autotest" to QEMU.  The tests it runs last a little less
than 1 hour.

Paolo