[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] [SimNow] PORT_IRQ_STAT register is 0 in ahci_port_setup

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Mar 8 00:34:48 CET 2013

On Thu, Mar 07, 2013 at 04:59:43PM +0800, WANG Siyuan wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to boot a hard disk image using coreboot and seabios on
> SimNow Simulator.
> The system stops at seabios stage.
>
> PORT_CMD_START fails in function ahci_port_setup (seabios/src/ahci.c),
> Then I traced into function ahci_command (seabios/src/ahci.c), I found
> the value of register ORT_IRQ_STAT is always 0:
> intbits = ahci_port_readl(ctrl, pnr, PORT_IRQ_STAT);
> intbits returns 0 all the time, so system stops here until time out.
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.

There is a 32 second timeout in that code (which may be a longer wall
time if run under a simulator) - are you sure it didn't eventually
time out.  As to why it is taking so long - could be an error in the
simulator or in the seabios driver.  You could try disabling the ahci
code in seabios via kconfig.