[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] problems with freeBSD

Peter Maydell peter.maydell at linaro.org
Thu Mar 7 07:32:28 CET 2013

On 7 March 2013 14:12, Doug Goldstein <cardoe at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
>> For coreboot we recommend to build a vanilla toolchain using known
>> good versions. We also have a script to do that. (The script is at
>> util/crossgcc/buildgcc in the coreboot repo.)

> Would qemu consider using those blobs rather than different developers
> using their distro toolchain to build up a random commit ID. I say
> random only because often qemu releases ship with a non-release
> seabios.

The right way to fix this is for QEMU to stop shipping binary BIOS
blobs in its source tarballs. Instead the developers of the BIOS
should release them separately with an appropriate testing
and release process which ensures that they're compiled with
whichever toolchain is required.

(just my opinion of course, which I state mostly to give people
something to disagree with...)

-- PMM