[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] problems with freeBSD

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu Mar 7 02:58:44 CET 2013

Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> Going out on a limb, I suspect qemu commit 5f876756 instead.
..
> I think the gcc version Anthony was using miscompiled SeaBIOS

Yeah, it is very common. Lots of distributions patch their
toolchains such that they don't compile firmware code correctly.

Firmware isn't a common target, so I understand that it happens.

For coreboot we recommend to build a vanilla toolchain using known
good versions. We also have a script to do that. (The script is at
util/crossgcc/buildgcc in the coreboot repo.)

//Peter