[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] i915 status on x60.

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Mar 3 14:01:35 CET 2013

Hi,

Here are some updates:
I've got screen to light up(power on + backlight) in userspace, I've put
my forked code here:
https://gitorious.org/gnutoo-for-coreboot/i915tool
The branch is named "working"

(thanks a lot to ron minnich for sharing his final/ directory for
i915tool...without that I could not have done it because I'm still
unable to reproduce his setup...)

The issue now is to find a way to write to the framebuffer memory...

Maybe I could use kgdb to find the framebuffer address?

I've also got some help from the #intel-gfx FreeNode IRC channel:
I was told that the scanout base was DSP.BASE with reguard to:
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel at the
following tag: 2.6.3

So here's the code:
int dspbase = (plane == 0 ? DSPABASE : DSPBBASE);
[...]
int dspstride = (plane == 0) ? DSPASTRIDE : DSPBSTRIDE;
[...]
Stride = pScrn->displayWidth * pI830->cpp;
[...]
OUTREG(dspstride, Stride);
[...]
OUTREG(dspbase, Start + Offset);

The problem is how to replace Start + Offset, the code is
quite complicated and I can't probably run it since it probably
requires an old userspace.

I'll probably write a new mail on that.

Denis.