[SeaBIOS] KVM call agenda for 2013-06-11

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at redhat.com
Mon Jun 10 18:50:41 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 04:24:31PM +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Juan is not available now, and Anthony asked for
> agenda to be sent early.
> So here comes:
>
> Agenda for the meeting Tue, June 11:
>
> - Generating acpi tables, redux

I've just posted a proof of concept patch on list,
as promised.

Since Anthony (apparently, alone?) is objecting to
this on principle I don't think there's need to spend
time testing it at this stage:

I'd like to use the meeting to discuss the requirements
coming from ACPI spec and how this patch
addresses them, and how generating the SSDT table
in qemu makes life easier, and would be awkward in
the bios.

Also, to address comments raised on the previous
conf call.

I hope that at the end of the meeting we'll be
able to arrive at concensus opinion
re the usefulness of supplying ACPI tables to
guests (on PC only).