[SeaBIOS] Running privilege code on hidden O.S.

Jerry Backer bataille16 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 18:52:39 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am using seaBIOS with QEMU and am attempting to hide a processor core (on
an smp system) from the O.S. and then load a dedicated code on that core
before boot. I have managed to hide one of the cores by decreasing
CountCPUs (within smp.c) after running the ap core code, hence the BIOS
load info for 1 less core on the mp table.

However, I have not been able to figure out how to load the privileged
code. My intuition was to load it when the hidden core enters protected
mode before running kernel code. But I don't see where in the code the
cores go into protected mode during boot.

Can anyone give me some insight on how to proceed?

Thanks,

--
Jerry