[SeaBIOS] KVM call agenda for 2013-05-28

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at redhat.com
Sun Jun 2 11:54:04 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:34:26PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 07:53:09PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > There were discussions on potentially introducing a middle component
> > to generate the tables.  Coreboot was raised as a possibility, and
> > David thought it would be okay to use coreboot for both OVMF and
> > SeaBIOS.  The possibility was also raised of a "rom" that lives in the
> > qemu repo, is run in the guest, and generates the tables (which is
> > similar to the hvmloader approach that Xen uses).
>
> Given the objections to implementing ACPI directly in QEMU,

I don't think that's a given, just yet.

So far Anthony asked to be shown the kind of project that
ACPI generation in QEMU would enable. Since qemu community wasn't
directly exposed to the ACPI-related patches it's easy to see how qemu
maintainers won't be aware of the churn and maintainance overhead caused by
generating them on the guest side.

That seems reasonable, so please hang on just a little bit longer
until I post acpi hotplug support for pci bridges
based on this code.

Then we can discuss.

--
MST