[SeaBIOS] vga bios woes

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 04:49:32 CET 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 20:57 -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 06:41:35PM -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> > Thanks for filling in that piece of the puzzle for me.  If the above is
> > just a reporting problem, how do I fix it so I can actually step through
> > the rom?  Thanks,
>
> One other note - I think Darmawan may have been doing something
> similar with PCI rom debugging - you may wish to reach out to him.

Thanks for the connection.  For now the link Daniel provided has given
me enough to make progress.  It looks like this is a case where the VGA
bios manages to get the physical address of the device through a legacy
VGA register (0x3c3) and shoots itself by using that rather than the
emulated address found through config space.  I can kludge the offset
and get the VGA option rom to finish, but something is still wrong since
it doesn't trigger the monitor to sync.  Still digging.  Thanks for the
help,

Alex