[SeaBIOS] vga bios woes

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Fri Jan 4 02:47:08 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 06:41:35PM -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> Thanks for filling in that piece of the puzzle for me.  If the above is
> just a reporting problem, how do I fix it so I can actually step through
> the rom?  Thanks,

This excerpt from the README might help:

------

Note that gdb seems to get
breakpoints confused when the cpu is in 16-bit real mode.  This makes
stepping through the program difficult (though 'step instruction'
still works).  Also, one may need to set 16bit break points at both
the cpu address and memory address (eg, break *0x1234 ; break
*0xf1234).

------

Though I wrote the above a few years back so it may no longer be
accurate.

Otherwise, all I remember is that it was a pain.