[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [edk2] (PAM stuff) reset doesn't work on OVMF + SeaBIOS CSM

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 19 12:50:07 CET 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 23:08 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Laszlo has hooked up the RCR on the PIIX3 already, so something like
> this ought to make it reset the PAM setup *only* if reset via that...

> +static void i440fx_reset(DeviceState *ds)
> +{
> +    PCIDevice *dev = DO_UPCAST(PCIDevice, qdev, ds);
> +    PCII440FXState *d = DO_UPCAST(PCII440FXState, dev, dev);
> +    uint8_t *pci_conf = d->dev.config;
> +
> +    if (!d->piix3->rcr_hard_reset)
> +        return;
> +

... except that bit (referring to PIIX3 state directly from
i440fx_reset(), having stashed a pointer to it) is horrible.

I've posted a 'cleaner' but much larger and more intrusive patch which
shows how we could introduce a 'reset type' as a proper concept, which
may well be useful for other platforms and situations too.

I'm not too bothered which way we go, but it would be very good to fix
the PAM reset in qemu, because it's a genuine fix and it's *extremely*
convenient to work around the KVM CS segment base bug.

--
dwmw2