[SeaBIOS] [edk2] (PAM stuff) reset doesn't work on OVMF + SeaBIOS CSM

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Feb 18 16:00:08 CET 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 15:46 +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> If you want to submit this patch for upstream QEMU (I agree it is a
> good idea), please set dc->reset instead in i440fx_class_init.

Thanks.

I just copied the way that PIIX3 does it... is that something that
piix3_class_init() should be doing for *its* reset function too?

I'll submit this for upstream, but I consider it a workaround for the
real bug that Laszlo has been suffering from. So I'd rather wait until
we've solved that properly, or at least until we understand why we get
such different results on different CPUs.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation