[SeaBIOS] (PAM stuff) reset doesn't work on OVMF + SeaBIOS CSM

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Feb 15 21:57:00 CET 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 19:54 +0100, Laszlo Ersek wrote:
> Same infinite loop, alas...
>
> (i) What is your host kernel exactly?

3.7.5-201.fc18.x86_64 (booted from EFI on a MacBookPro 8,3).

> (ii) And when you say you did a "legacy boot", does that mean you installed
> the guest OS as a traditional one? Is that grub or grub-efi?

That one was a traditional install. I've just now tested an EFI install
of Fedora 17, which also reboots fine; both from grub and the installed
kernel. It *doesn't* seem to hit the SeaBIOS CSM on the way back, but
reboots directly into OVMF.

I have two versions of qemu; the Fedora 18 one (1.2.0) and a
locally-rebuilt copy of the Fedora rawhide 1.3.0, which I installed
because OVMF's native video driver doesn't work in 1.2.0. Not that that
matters any more since I've disabled that and I'm using the VGA BIOS.

There's also a current build from qemu git. They all behave the same
way, both with and without KVM.

> (iii) Can vgabios.bin make a difference? Could you please upload your build? I
> gather you use stdvga; I also tried that, makes no difference, same
> loop.

This shouldn't make a difference. For the old vgabios, I only have the
alignment fix, and no video would work if you didn't have that.
http://david.woodhou.se/vgabios-cirrus.bin

--
dwmw2