[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] Patch number 4 for floppy in SeaBIOS

Gelip mrgelip at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 22:41:57 CET 2013

I think that this is a problem only with chip NIC RTL8139D on coreboot because:

- many other floppy works without a problem on coreboot/seabios
- BOOT-PROM3 floppy disk image is not damage
- BOOT-PROM3 floppy disk is also not damage
- tested other floppy disk with BOOT-PROM3 and also working on vendor bios but not in coreboot
- BOOT-PROM3 floppy & disk work OK on vendor bios on RTL8139D
- BOOT-PROM1 floppy disk work ok with other NIC ISA 3com on coreboot
- I was timeout problem with my NIC RTL8139D on iPXE: http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=3671
solved -> http://forum.ipxe.org/showthread.php?tid=3671&pid=9081#pid9081

but not excluded, however, that this may be a problem seabios

Regarding seabios it seems to me that the floppy drive sounds are different when working in coreboot / seabios than when working in the BIOS vendor. I noticed that sometimes after select Floppy from menu SeaBIOS, have info that Floppy drive not found while try boot from BOOT-PROM3 disk. I need power down PC then power ON and now floppy found.

Is another payload supports a floppy drive for test?