[SeaBIOS] seabios bug

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Aug 8 02:33:18 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 11:16:05PM +0200, Mario wrote:
> Since I'm a legal owner of the first generation of Mac Mini with a
> regular Snow Leopard license,I'm trying to follow this tutorial with
> the goal to virtualize Mac Os X with KVM on the second part of the
> hard disk where I have installed Linux Ubuntu. You can find the guide
> here :
[...]
> File "./tools/layoutrom.py", line 564, in parseObjDump
>
> relocsection = sectionmap[sectionname]
>
> KeyError: '.text.asm./media/ziomario/09274c80-4a49-4f4f-9e2e-83c4a5578a04/OSXGUEST/seabios
>
> /src/smp.c.75'

This appears to be a build error.  These are usually due to toolset
quirks.  What OS, compiler, compiler version, ld version are you
using?  Also, please include the exact commands you ran and the full
output log.

It looks like you patched seabios - make sure you can build a clean
seabios without any patcheds first.

Please also try "make distclean ; make" to verify that the repo is in
a clean state before building.