[SeaBIOS] unaligned option rom

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Apr 30 08:31:41 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 09:26 +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Each time I boot seabios built with debug enabled,
> I see this on serial console:
>
> Scan for VGA option rom
> WARNING! Found unaligned PCI rom (vd=1013:00b8)
>
> Is this a bogus warning?

No. It's warning that your VGA ROM is broken and violates the spec by
having the PCIR table at a location which isn't a multiple of 4.

SeaBIOS loads it anyway, but we added the relatively harmless warning
after discovering that TianoCore refuses to do so.

Perhaps you are using a version of the VGA BIOS which still doesn't have
this fix applied:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-01/msg03650.html

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation