[SeaBIOS] great things are coming your way :-)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Oct 15 16:25:07 CEST 2012

ron minnich wrote:
> next problem: If the seabios build fails, and you do a make again,
> it fails with this kind of error
>
>     CC         cbfs/fallback/coreboot_ram.debug
>     OBJCOPY    cbfs/fallback/coreboot_ram.elf
>     Checking out SeaBIOS revision 385a7d0dec28841a05531cba96c62138c3959fef
> error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten
> by checkout:
>         src/acpi-dsdt.hex
> Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can switch branches.
> Aborting
> fatal: A branch named 'coreboot' already exists.
> make[1]: *** [checkout] Error 128
> make: *** [seabios] Error 2

I've seen this happen. The coreboot Makefile stuff that builds
SeaBIOS assumes that there are never uncommitted changes in the
SeaBIOS directory, and you get the above error when there are.

It is easy to forcefully overwrite any uncommitted changes in the
SeaBIOS build directory, but I am not sure if we want to do that.

I would very much appreciate an explanation why the src/acpi-dsdt.hex
file gets modified as part of the build.

It is in the src/ directory, but .hex does not suggest that it is in
a source format? It's confusing why it has been added to the repo if
it is not a source file. Can someone explain, so that we can fix the
build commands?

Thanks!

//Peter