[SeaBIOS] SeaBIOS as EFI application

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Wed Nov 7 14:36:59 CET 2012

Hi,

with a signed shim by mjg59, it’s now possible to forcibly run unsigned EFI
applications on all EFI x86 systems. Even without it, on non-RestrictedBoot
platforms, unsigned EFI applications can be run. The question is…

… whether someone is working on having a SeaBIOS variant that itself
is an EFI application, so that things like MS-DOS and MirBSD can be
booted on an EFI computer (other than Macintosh, I’ve yet to see one,
but that can probably change)?

Pretty please ;-)

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos (please Cc me, not on the list)
--
15:41⎜<Lo-lan-do:#fusionforge> Somebody write a testsuite for helloworld :-)