[SeaBIOS] VMWare VGA BIOS planned

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 10:17:50 CET 2012

On 11/02/12 07:32, Gerhard Wiesinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is a VMWare VGA BIOS port from the original VGA BIOS project also planned?

WorksForMe[tm].

> Currently I don't see any output when using the VGA BIOS. Original VGA
> BIOS project version works well.

What exactly you are doing?

To build the roms you'll best start with a qemu git repo as the
configurations needed to properly build the vgabios variants for qemu
are stored in the qemu repo.

Then initialize the seabios and vgabios git submodules.  Then go to
roms/.  "make seavgabios" will build vgabios binaries from seabios repo
and copy to pc-bios/.  "make lgplvgabios" will build vgabios binaries
from old lgpl'ed vgabios repo and copy to pc-bios/.  For completeness:
"make bios" will build (+copy) seabios itself.

cheers,
  Gerd