[SeaBIOS] Searching for an MS-DOS CD driver

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Thu May 24 07:10:13 CEST 2012

Hello,

I can recommend a universal CDROM driver:
VIDE-CDD.SYS 2.14 10:48:22 02/17/98, haven't tried newer found version
2.15 yet.

Look for VIDE-CDD.SYS:
http://www.benq.co.uk/support/downloads/downloads.cfm/dtype/D/page/downloads/product/127/
ftp://217.21.255.101/cd-rom/drivers/apicd214.exe
ftp://ftp.bluefeathertech.com/computing/pccbbs/aptiva/VIDE-CDD.SYS
http://www.mdgx.com/files/VIDE-CDD.ZIP
http://reimagery.com/fsfd/bin/2001_archive_DOS_rlg/apicd214.exe

Also a good page:
http://www.cybercomm.nl/~one2one/s2.html

Also a universal MSCDEX:
SHCDEX 3.03 (SHCDX33E.COM), I'm using 3.03E
http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/shsucdx.html
http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/file/shcdx33e.zip

And to complete the chain:
As a mouse driver I recommend: Cutemouse v1.9.1 alpha 1 (latest version
makes problems!!)
http://cutemouse.sourceforge.net/
http://cutemouse.sourceforge.net/download/cutemouse191.zip

Ramdisk:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/srdisk/

All works well with QEMU/QEMU-KVM.

If you use other usefull programs please let us know them.

Hope it helps :-)

Ciao,
Gerhard