[SeaBIOS] Searching for an MS-DOS CD driver

nap caracol at neuf.fr
Tue May 22 23:30:54 CEST 2012

My old W98SE box has died of a rough handling, but the HDD has survived
the crash.
For continuity of service and fun, I have chosen to try to use QEMU,
with SeaBIOS.
As a validation try, I have created an image of FreeDOS1.1 without any
problem.
Next I booted an image of the HDD. All is going fine, but the MS-DOS of
W98SE
is not able to access the installation CD of W98SE needed to adjust to
the new hardware configuration because of the absence of a proper driver.
SeaBIOS is able to access a CD drive. So my question is:
Do you know if there exist some MS-DOS W98SE CD driver using the SeaBIOS
CD service ?

Configuration:
Asrock H77M+G840+8Go, Gentoo/Linux stable amd64 (x86_64) Gnome
qemu-kvm-1.0.1