[SeaBIOS] bootorder: iPXE or gPXE?

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sat Mar 24 16:50:44 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 09:25:24AM -0600, Steve Goodrich wrote:
> I don't yet understand the syntax of the bootorder file, and I'm trying to
> use iPXE as one of the boot sources.  Could someone either:
> 1. Show me how to set this up, or
> 2. Point me to documentation somewhere that explains PXE boot as controlled
> by SeaBIOS's bootorder file, or
> 3. Show me another way to do it?

As before, there is some documentation at:

http://www.coreboot.org/SeaBIOS#Configuring_boot_order

Basically, extract the SeaBIOS log and look for lines with "Searching
bootorder for" and then put the line corresponding to the device you
wish to boot from into the file.

If you're still having issues, please post your log along with the
bootorder file that you attempted.