[SeaBIOS] vgabios testing

Julian Pidancet julian.pidancet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:08:12 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Kevin O'Connor <kevin at koconnor.net> wrote:

> The only thing I can think of would be to post-process the assembler
> and replace "retl" instructions with "retw $2" instructions.  I'm not
> sure if it would work and it would be real ugly.

As I mentionned, ret is not the only instruction causing problems.
I've identified issues with leave, enter, iret, and even some forms of
the call instruction, and the list is probaly not complete yet. So it
could be even more complicated that we think.

It looks like x86emu was never tested with gcc produced code before.
And it looks like handling of the 0x66 instruction prefix has been
neglected in a lot of different places in the code.

--
Julian