[SeaBIOS] bootslash.bmp

Fred . eldmannen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 15:04:45 CET 2012

Converted to JPG the file would be only about 9 kb.

It could be generated from this SVG file I attached.
This could be generated in a scripted manner using free open source
software tools such as the 'convert' utility, part of ImageMagick.

$ convert seabios.svg bootsplash.jpg

Convert also supports -size parameter to resize to different sizes.

The benefit of having it in the source tree is that it would make it
easier for user to locate the path/directory where seabios looks for
the bootsplash image, so they know where they should put their own
bootsplash image.
So they can just find the included bootsplash image and replace it
with their own.

Having a prominent logo displayed may also result in SeaBIOS receiving
more attention.