[SeaBIOS] S3 resume is broken on QEMU

Gleb Natapov gleb at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 15:09:45 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 08:27:31AM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 11:40:28AM +0200, Gleb Natapov wrote:
> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > Commit 8b0c509e7cdb broke S3 resume on QEMU. Before this commit QEMU
> > compiled bios with S3_RESUME_VGA_INIT enabled. After it this is no
> > longer an option.
>
> I didn't know QEmu used custom compile options.  I don't see this in
> the QEmu source - where does it set it?

I not sure what QEMU upstream does. In RHEL we have local patch to
change the setting. Without it resume does not work correctly.

> Moving the option from compile time to run time should be better all
> around.  Can QEmu just set the flag in fwcfg if this functionality is
> needed?

It can I suppose, but then you will not be able to use newer Seabios
with older QEMU. The question is if such an option is the way to go
forward since for QEMU it will always be set anyway.

--
			Gleb.