[SeaBIOS] Geode vga pci code

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Jan 17 00:56:42 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:06:54AM +0100, Nils wrote:
> Op maandag 16-01-2012 om 00:23 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Kevin
> O'Connor:
> > Oh - it was on top of the recent patches I sent to the mailing list.
> OK sorry!
>
> Now that i used that patch set also everything compiles.
>
> First i used your instructions and named the vgarom: "pci100b,0030.rom"
> but then the vgabios is not run. (See attachment v475.log)

Make sure you have CONFIG_VGA_BRIDGE_SETUP set in coreboot.
Otherwise, I don't understand why it wouldn't run.  (Your logs seem to
indicate that optionroms.c:is_pci_vga() is failing - which I think
would only happen if CONFIG_VGA_BRIDGE_SETUP isn't set.)

> Second i used vgaroms/vgabios.bin as the vgabios name.
> The vgabios gets run but i get no display output and SeaBIOS reboots
> over and over. (see attachment v475-2.log)

Yeah - it will break if it gets run via "vgaroms/" - I'll change the
vgabios code to check for this.

> This could have to do with vga region setup.
> I wil investigate in the next day's (when i find time) how to initialize
> MSR's to get pci access set up.
>
> Should the E820 table also reflect the vga range?
> (I have no clue how to fix that)

The e820 shouldn't have anything to do with this.