[SeaBIOS] [RFC] acpi: Do not advertise S3

Gleb Natapov gleb at redhat.com
Sun Jan 15 13:31:52 CET 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 01:17:50PM +0100, Sebastian Herbszt wrote:
> Gleb Natapov wrote:
> >On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 12:35:07PM +0100, Fred . wrote:
> >>SeaBIOS is used in more than just QEMU.
> >The DSDT provided by Seabios is not used by anyone but QEMU (and may be
> >XEN).
>
> How about renaming acpi-dsdt.dsl to qemu-acpi-dsdt.dsl to reflect this?

This is not the only qemu specific file. Generally SeaBIOS fulfill
two functions. First is legacy BIOS implementation, second is QEMU HW
initialization. Mostly the first one is used when Seabios runs on real HW,
HW initialization is done by coreboot in this kind of usage. And there
is no clean source file separation between QEMU and coreboot use case.
The POST code looks like if (CONFIG_COREBOOT) { do it coreboot way
(often do nothing)} else {init QEMU HW}.

That said, I am fine with renaming if this really helps someone.

--
			Gleb.