[SeaBIOS] RFE: Print amount of RAM

Igor Galić i.galic at brainsware.org
Thu Feb 23 00:36:48 CET 2012

Hello happy people,

I'm back from a two day goose-chase where I was wondering
very much why my VMs don't boot.

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2012-February/msg00106.html

In that process I upgraded my entire stack (libvirt, qemu,
seabios) but found that the boot hung at SeaBIOS trying to
boot from ROM.
After stepping through all the arguments libvirt supplied
to I found that my <memory>2048</memory> the qemu argument
-m 2 (megs) -- which wasn't quite enough. (Similarly, my
previously supplied <memory>20480</memory> weren't too much
they too were too little to boot a Linux kernel).

I've already talked to the libvirt folks, and they'll try
to get in a feature to supply a <memory unit="M"> or similar.

Now I'd like to ask you guys if you could print the amount
of RAM available -- like most other BIOSes out there already
do - it would be extremely helpful to aid troubleshooting.

Thank you very much in advance.

So long,

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883