[SeaBIOS] USB keyboard and mouse not detected

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Feb 15 02:40:16 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:00:48PM +0100, Nils wrote:
> Hi Kevin,

> >> I tested this and i couldn't get to the boot menu.
> >
> >Okay - that's weird.  I wonder if this isn't just a matter of the
> >"free" code being incorrect.  Can you send the log of the session with
> >ohci_free_pipe disabled?

Hrmm - your log indicates it did get to the menu:

> USB keyboard initialized
> Press F12 for boot menu.

Was the output not on the screen, or is it just that you couldn't
actually get the menu to come up when hitting F12?

> As i do not have a normal USB keyboard at the moment (last december i
> borrowed one) i have tested latest git again with my wireless Logitech
> keyboard/mouse combo.
> See attached log.
>
> If you prefer a log with a normal USB keyboard i will try to borrow it
> again.

I don't think it matters - the log shows your keyboard is being
detected.

> I have tried to debug this a little but had no succes yet.
>
> I tried to understand the OHCI spec.
> Am i right that you use the "LEGACY SUPPORT INTERFACE SPECIFICATION" via
> emulation interrupts and Legacy Support Registers 100h, 104h,(i/o
> address 60h) 108h(i/o address 60h) and 10Ch(i/o address 64h) ?

No - SeaBIOS uses the normal USB interface.  The "legacy" stuff
involves SMIs and is platform dependent.  Using the standard interface
is more portable.