[SeaBIOS] DC Mapping

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:21:48 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I posted some patches to the ML and want to discuss a part of if - DC mapping.

After looking at the patches again, I think I miss understood something :) DC
mapping is used to be able to configure the display controller via the defined
memory region.

A0000 Graphics Mode
B0000 Monochrome Text Mode
B8000  Color Text Mode

That would mean that if I map the DC to A0000 I can access its registers via
A0000 + register offset or? If this is the case then drop my last two patches.

The "bad" thing is that I don't have a "normal" lx800 platform to test all my
patches.

---
Christian Gmeiner, MSc