[SeaBIOS] Next release

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 09:15:55 CEST 2012

On 08/28/12 02:59, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning on making a SeaBIOS release - version 1.7.1.  The goal is
> to make a release for the upcoming QEMU 1.2.0 release.  The QEMU team
> recently pulled in SeaBIOS revision 5a023065.  That revision is just
> one prior to the head of the current SeaBIOS tree.  I'm thinking of
> just retroactively marking the 5a023065 revision as version 1.7.1.

Sounds good.

I'd tend to cut down the number count in the release numbers and just go
for 1.8.0, then continue using 1.$nr.0 for normal releases, and 1.8.$nr
for bugfix releases if needed.

> Does anyone know of any bugs that should be fixed prior to marking a
> release?

Just saw this one:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1042084

Doesn't reproduce on my win7 (32bit) guest, but maybe it happens on
64bit only, I'll try to figure what is going on.

cheers,
  Gerd