[SeaBIOS] Next release

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Tue Aug 28 02:59:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm planning on making a SeaBIOS release - version 1.7.1.  The goal is
to make a release for the upcoming QEMU 1.2.0 release.  The QEMU team
recently pulled in SeaBIOS revision 5a023065.  That revision is just
one prior to the head of the current SeaBIOS tree.  I'm thinking of
just retroactively marking the 5a023065 revision as version 1.7.1.

Does anyone know of any bugs that should be fixed prior to marking a
release?

I know of a bugfix for coreboot payload booting (the be64_to_cpu fix),
but that seems to be an infrequent code path.

I'm also aware of several feature patches pending (alt-numpad patch,
geode vga improvements, ipmi patches, ACPI LNKS patch, dynamic SSDT
patches, PCI v3 support patch, and PMTIMER patches).  Apologies for
falling behind on these pending patches.  However, I think all of
these can wait until after tagging the next version.

Unless something comes up, I'll likely tag the next release on
Wednesday.

Thanks,