[SeaBIOS] Compiling SeaBIOS for coreboot has problems with its ACPI code

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at redhat.com
Sun Aug 12 10:36:17 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 02:59:45AM +0000, Moore, Robert wrote:

> [...]

Hmm. How would C code know which of the statements it needs?
For example, we could have many Return(Zero) statements but only want
to patch some of them.

Would it be possible to allow some tags in the AML code
that specifies which offsets to extract, and how to name the
arrays?

It would also be useful to specify the array names
for the AML code, to avoid dependencies
between C code and makefiles.

For example, code could look like this:

/* Pull in required macros, also allows iasl
   to figure out it is not in compatibility mode.  */
#include <acpi-extract.h>

/* Put all code in this definition block in AmlCode array */
ACPI_EXTRACT_CODE(AmlCode)
DefinitionBlock ("ssdt-pcihp.aml", "SSDT", 0x01, "BXPC", "BXSSDTPCIHP", 0x1)

        Name (_S4,
		/* Put offset of next argument in acpi_s4_pkg array */
		ACPI_EXTRACT_OFFSET(acpi_s4_pkg)
		Package (0x04)
		{
		0x2,  /* PM1a_CNT.SLP_TYP */
		0x2,  /* PM1b_CNT.SLP_TYP */
		Zero,  /* reserved */
		Zero   /* reserved */
		})

One other thing to note about our scripts is that
offsets are often small, our scripts make the
array the correct type (char,short,int,long)
to make it fit, to avoid wasting memory.
You might want to do the same.

--
MST