[SeaBIOS] Compiling SeaBIOS for coreboot has problems with its ACPI code

Gleb Natapov gleb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 07:59:58 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 07:34:37PM +0000, Moore, Robert wrote:
> This is very interesting. If I understand correctly, you are using a utility plus various directives to generate tables of AML offsets -- presumably in order to dynamically change AML values, correct?

Yes.

> I have to say that I have not seen anything like this, from any BIOS vendor.

Physical HW is not as dynamic (if at all) as virtualized one. We do not
want to have separate AML table for each possible HW configuration user
can create while starting QEMU.

> > By the way, is there interest in adding some of the functionality that
> > we get by parsing the listing to iasl directly?
>
> We are always interested in adding features to make the compiler more useful. What would you suggest?

The tool depends on the compiler output and thus fragile. It broke with new
compiler version. It would be nice if compiler had a way to generate
offsets for us.

			Gleb.