[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] SeaVGABIOS and winxp

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Mon Apr 16 00:44:28 CEST 2012

On 16.04.2012 02:22, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> Select VGA_BOCHS in Kconfig for the qemu "standard" vga.  The
> "standard vga" option in seabios kconfig is for emulating old IBM 128K
> vga cards (ie, not super vga) - I suppose this is a bit misleading.

Oh.  Indeed, VGA_BOCHS works, and it is _very_ similar to how
vgabios from bochs project works.

And indeed, this is quite a bit confusing.  The menut text is also
a bit interesting, -- "Bochs DISPI interface VGA BIOS" (what is
"DISPI" ?).

Maybe this Standard VGA should be named something like Old VGA?

Testing further....

Thanks!

/mjt