[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] Hang when using 9p mounts after last Seabios update

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Oct 1 19:32:44 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 12:50:43PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:45:11PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > On 0.14, 0.15 releaes, this all works just fine. On current GIT master,
> > the guest OS will hang during boot.
> [...]
> > To reproduce this you will need my custom initrd for mounting 9p filesystems
> > as the root FS. You can get that here:
> >
> >   http://berrange.com/~dan/qemu-serial-hang-demo.tar.gz
>
> Thanks for the detailed report.
>
> I've confirmed the issue and tracked it down.  The current SeaBIOS
> code gets confused during alignment checking if there are no prefmem
> regions found.
>
> The patch below should fix the issue.
>
> Richard, can you also check to see if this seabios patch fixes your
> issue?

Yes, I can confirm that this fixes the issue.

What I did to test this:

 - tried my boot test, and it failed as before

 - git clone git://git.linuxtogo.org/home/kevin/seabios.git

 - noticed that this patch is already applied to git

 - make clean; make

 - cp out/bios.bin ../qemu/pc-bios/bios.bin

 - repeated my boot test, and it was successful

Thanks!

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v