[SeaBIOS] [BUG] [Seabios] PCI 64bit BARs on Win2008 - unable to start the device. (ACPI lacks the _DSM method)

Alexey Korolev alexey.korolev at endace.com
Wed Nov 30 02:04:08 CET 2011

Hi,

We have got some issues with 64bit PCI devices support under Windows guests.
Windows fails to start any PCI devices with 64bit BARs when size exceeds
512MB with error code 12 (can't allocate resources). In other words it
fails when the PCI memory region is located above 4GB.

I tried to investigate this problem and found document from Microsoft:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg462986

It states that the _DSM method must be implemented to support devices
above 4GB.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with ACPI code of seabios, so can't
implement the _DSM method. May be you have other ideas what needs to be
done to fix it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Alexey